Our community has been dealing with a lot of hardships and changes in our daily lives. While many things have changed, our commitment to your safety has remained the same.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. We work hard to ensure that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable. Due to the recent pandemic, our office has implemented procedures and devices that follow and go beyond recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- You may see that our waiting area no longer offers magazines since those items are difficult to disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointments.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any time.
- Your body temperature will be checked at every appointment.
- You will be asked to rinse with an oral antiseptic and wash your hands upon entry to the operatory.
- We have invested in intra-oral devices, air purifiers, and additional equipment to limit aerosols and disinfect operatories and common areas.
- Our staff will be wearing additional PPE (personal protective equipment).
- Please wear a mask when entering our office
- Please do not bring family members with you to your appointment, unless you require assistance.
We look forward to seeing you and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
Our team at Prestige Dental Specialists